State Representative Todd Richardson (R-Poplar Bluff), who ran against Smith for the Eighth Congressional House seat, and Cape Girardeau community leader Doug Austin, will serve as Campaign Chairman and Co-Chairman of Smith for Congress. Additionally, Smith announced a team of grassroots activists, with members from each one of the 30 counties that make up the Eighth Congressional District.
Smith said he is honored to have State Representative Richardson and Doug Austin serving as his Campaign Co-Chairman and he is excited about the grassroots team his campaign has formed.
“Todd Richardson is well-respected across Missouri for his commitment to our conservative causes. My campaign will benefit greatly from Todd’s leadership and I am honored to have him serve on our team. Doug Austin has consistently fought for pro-life and family issues. Doug’s reputation is second to none and I am honored to have him join our campaign,” said Smith. “The grassroots team our campaign has put together is second to none. We have activists in every one of the 30 counties of the Eighth District who will spread our message of fighting the Obama Administration and ruling class in Washington.
Below are the members of the Jason Smith for Congress Grassroots Team from the local region:
· Douglas County: Van Kelly, Ross McElvain
· Howell County: Jeremy Burks, Ward Franz, Steve Privette
· Oregon County: Laird and Genevieve Kelly, David Stubblefield
· Ozark County: Chris Harlin, David Morrison, Maynard Wallace
· Reynolds County: Christy Roberts
· Ripley County: Donna Kirby
· Shannon County: Mary Lou Beasley, Jerry and Debbie King, Susie Needels
· Texas County: John Casey, Bob and LeAnn Green, Doyle and Treena Heiney
· Wright County: Charlie Dickinson, Jo Hubener, Jan Kelly, John Kelly, Keith Tate