(West Plains) – The Annual Awards Banquet of the Greater West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce was held on Thursday, January 23, in the Exhibit Hall of the West Plains Civic Center at 7 PM.
During the awards ceremony West Plains residents, businesses, and organizations were presented with plaques to award their achievements in 2013. Celebrating their 50th Anniversary Missouri State University- West Plains was presented the 2013 Business of the Year Award with Chancellor Drew Bennett accepting.
Chancellor Drew Bennett told Ozark Radio News that he was extremely honored to be the one to accept the award on behalf of Missouri State University West Plains:
Program Director at Air Evac, Jack Bates, shared that he never expected the Volunteer of the Year Award:
CEO of the Ozark Radio Network Tom Marhefka was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award. He said afterward that he has had 20 great years in West Plains:
Nominations for the awards were taken from both Chamber members and the general public.
Russ Gant served as Master of Ceremonies for the evening. Outgoing Chair of the West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce Dr. Josh Cotter was presented with a plaque, thanking him for his service to the area for 2013, by incoming Chair Joann Strosnider.
The award winners from the evening are as follows:
- Missouri State University- West Plains was presented the 2013 Business of the Year Award ;
- Program Director at Air Evac, Jack Bates, was awarded the Volunteer of the Year Award;
- CEO of the Ozark Radio Network Tom Marhefka received the Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Former owner of West Plains Music Charles Glenn was presented the 2013 Honorary Member for Life Award;
- Former West Plains Teacher Kay Garrett was presented the 2013 Educator of the Year Award;
- West Plains City Councilman Mike Topliff was presented the 2013 Citizen of the Year Award;
- The Boys and Girls Club of the Greater West Plains Area was presented the 2013 Nonprofit/Civic Organization of the Year Award;
- Ozarks Medical Center Physician Dr. Charles Morgan was presented the 2013 Humanitarian of the Year Award;
- HB’s Boot Corral was presented the 2013 Customer Service Award with Harold Bell accepting.
For more information on this event or the award recipients you can call the Chamber at 417-256-4433.
Photos of the winners can be found here.